Ball State @ Akron
Current Records: Ball State 20-9; Akron 20-9
What to Know
The Ball State Cardinals are on the road again Tuesday and play against the Akron Zips at 7 p.m. ET Feb. 28 at James A. Rhodes Arena. Akron should still be feeling good after a victory, while the Cardinals will be looking to get back in the win column.
Ball State came up short against the Eastern Michigan Eagles this past Saturday, falling 75-68.
Meanwhile, the Zips strolled past the Western Michigan Broncos with points to spare this past Saturday, taking the game 81-64.
Ball State is expected to lose this next one by 8.5. Those playing the odds have seen things go back and forth with Ball State, who are 14-13 against the spread.
Ball State was able to grind out a solid win over Akron in the teams' previous meeting in January, winning 70-63. The rematch might be a little tougher for the Cardinals since the team won't have home-court advantage. We'll see if the change in venue makes a difference.
How To Watch
- When: Tuesday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: James A. Rhodes Arena -- Akron, Ohio
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $20.00
The Zips are a big 8.5-point favorite against the Cardinals, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Zips as a 7.5-point favorite.
See college basketball picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine's advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Akron have won eight out of their last 12 games against Ball State.
- Jan 06, 2023 - Ball State 70 vs. Akron 63
- Mar 01, 2022 - Akron 79 vs. Ball State 60
- Jan 11, 2022 - Akron 84 vs. Ball State 74
- Feb 19, 2021 - Akron 88 vs. Ball State 79
- Jan 30, 2021 - Akron 74 vs. Ball State 42
- Jan 10, 2020 - Akron 75 vs. Ball State 60
- Feb 16, 2019 - Ball State 57 vs. Akron 56
- Feb 13, 2018 - Ball State 90 vs. Akron 77
- Jan 27, 2018 - Ball State 111 vs. Akron 106
- Mar 10, 2017 - Akron 74 vs. Ball State 70
- Feb 07, 2017 - Akron 65 vs. Ball State 63
- Jan 30, 2016 - Akron 73 vs. Ball State 64