Valparaiso @ Bradley
Current Records: Valparaiso 13-17; Bradley 16-14
What to Know
The Bradley Braves and the Valparaiso Beacons are even-steven against one another since January of 2018 (5-5), but not for long. The Braves and Valpo will face off in a Missouri Valley battle at 8 p.m. ET this past Saturday at Carver Arena. Bradley is out to keep their six-game home win streak alive.
Bradley received a tough blow this past Wednesday as they fell 83-67 to the Missouri State Bears. One thing holding Bradley back was the mediocre play of guard Terry Roberts, who did not have his best game: he finished with only seven points on 3-for-11 shooting and turned the ball over four times in his 29 minutes on the court.
Meanwhile, Valpo was within striking distance but couldn't close the gap this past Wednesday as they fell 71-65 to the Drake Bulldogs. Valparaiso's defeat came about despite a quality game from guard Kevion Taylor, who had 20 points along with five boards.
The Braves are the favorite in this one, with an expected 10.5-point margin of victory. They have failed bettors playing the spread in their past three games, so buyers beware.
The losses put Bradley at 16-14 and the Beacons at 13-17. Two defensive stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: Bradley have been holding their opponents to a field goal percentage of 40.30%, which places them 33rd in college basketball. On the other end of the spectrum, Valpo has allowed their opponents to shoot 45.50% from the floor on average, which is the 52nd highest shooting percentage allowed in college basketball. So the cards are definitely stacked against Valpo.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: Carver Arena -- Peoria, Illinois
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $33.60
The Braves are a big 10.5-point favorite against the Beacons, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 10.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Bradley and Valparaiso both have five wins in their last ten games.
- Jan 26, 2022 - Bradley 71 vs. Valparaiso 56
- Feb 10, 2021 - Valparaiso 76 vs. Bradley 52
- Jan 28, 2021 - Valparaiso 91 vs. Bradley 85
- Mar 08, 2020 - Bradley 80 vs. Valparaiso 66
- Feb 22, 2020 - Valparaiso 90 vs. Bradley 78
- Jan 29, 2020 - Bradley 80 vs. Valparaiso 69
- Feb 27, 2019 - Bradley 67 vs. Valparaiso 42
- Jan 08, 2019 - Valparaiso 61 vs. Bradley 50
- Feb 17, 2018 - Valparaiso 77 vs. Bradley 64
- Jan 03, 2018 - Bradley 80 vs. Valparaiso 71
Injury Report for BradleyNo Injury Information
Injury Report for Valparaiso
- Thomas Kithier: Game-Time Decision (Undisclosed)
- Preston Ruedinger: Out (Leg)
- Keyondre Young: Game-Time Decision (Hand)
- Trevor Anderson: Out for the Season (Back)