Marquette @ Butler
Current Records: Marquette 23-6; Butler 14-15
What to Know
The Butler Bulldogs and the #6 Marquette Golden Eagles are set to square off in a Big East matchup at 6:30 p.m. ET Feb. 28 at Hinkle Fieldhouse. These two teams seek to continue their momentum from their previous wins.
Butler escaped with a win last week against the DePaul Blue Demons by the margin of a single free throw, 59-58. The Bulldogs' guard Ali Ali filled up the stat sheet, picking up 15 points and five assists along with five rebounds.
Meanwhile, even if it wasn't a dominant performance, the Golden Eagles beat DePaul 90-84 this past Saturday. It was another big night for Marquette's guard Tyler Kolek, who dropped a double-double on 22 points and 14 assists.
Butler is expected to lose this next one by 8. Those betting on them against the spread shouldn't have high expectations for them since the team is 3-10 ATS when expected to lose.
The wins brought Butler up to 14-15 and Marquette to 23-6. A pair of offensive stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: The Bulldogs are 22nd worst in college basketball in points per game, with only 65.6 on average. The Golden Eagles' offense has more to brag about, as they they enter the contest with a 49.30% field goal percentage, good for seventh best in college basketball. So the cards are definitely stacked in their favor.
How To Watch
- When: Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Hinkle Fieldhouse -- Indianapolis, Indiana
- TV: Fox Sports 1
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $16.67
The Golden Eagles are a big 8-point favorite against the Bulldogs, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as an 8-point spread, and stayed right there.
See college basketball picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine's advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Marquette have won eight out of their last 15 games against Butler.
- Feb 04, 2023 - Marquette 60 vs. Butler 52
- Feb 26, 2022 - Marquette 64 vs. Butler 56
- Feb 12, 2022 - Butler 85 vs. Marquette 79
- Feb 17, 2021 - Marquette 73 vs. Butler 57
- Feb 02, 2021 - Marquette 70 vs. Butler 67
- Feb 09, 2020 - Marquette 76 vs. Butler 57
- Jan 24, 2020 - Butler 89 vs. Marquette 85
- Feb 20, 2019 - Marquette 79 vs. Butler 69
- Jan 30, 2019 - Marquette 76 vs. Butler 58
- Jan 31, 2018 - Butler 92 vs. Marquette 72
- Jan 12, 2018 - Butler 94 vs. Marquette 83
- Feb 07, 2017 - Butler 68 vs. Marquette 65
- Jan 16, 2017 - Butler 88 vs. Marquette 80
- Mar 05, 2016 - Butler 95 vs. Marquette 74
- Jan 30, 2016 - Marquette 75 vs. Butler 69