Morehead State @ Eastern Illinois
Current Records: Morehead State 20-9; Eastern Illinois 5-24
What to Know
The Morehead State Eagles and the Eastern Illinois Panthers are set to square off in an Ohio Valley matchup at 8:30 p.m. ET Feb. 24 at Lantz Arena. The Eagles won't have the home-court advantage, but they do enjoy a 16-point advantage in the spread.
Morehead State came up short against the SE Missouri State Redhawks on Saturday, falling 92-84. This was hardly the result Morehead State or its fans were betting on, as they were favored by 11 points over SE Missouri State heading into this contest.
Meanwhile, the game between EIU and the SIU-Edwardsville Cougars on Monday was not particularly close, with EIU falling 66-52.
This next matchup looks promising for Morehead State, who are favored by a full 16 points. They have failed bettors playing the spread in their past three games, so buyers beware.
With the two teams each stumbling in off of a defeat, both will be hungry for the win. Check back to see which squad is able to work their way into the win column.
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 8:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Lantz Arena -- Charleston, Illinois
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Eagles are a big 16-point favorite against the Panthers, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 16-point spread, and stayed right there.
Morehead State have won five out of their last eight games against Eastern Illinois.
- Dec 29, 2021 - Morehead State 63 vs. Eastern Illinois 50
- Jan 14, 2021 - Morehead State 87 vs. Eastern Illinois 61
- Feb 08, 2020 - Eastern Illinois 71 vs. Morehead State 65
- Jan 11, 2020 - Morehead State 69 vs. Eastern Illinois 66
- Feb 02, 2019 - Morehead State 84 vs. Eastern Illinois 78
- Jan 04, 2018 - Eastern Illinois 61 vs. Morehead State 52
- Jan 05, 2017 - Morehead State 85 vs. Eastern Illinois 75
- Jan 16, 2016 - Eastern Illinois 84 vs. Morehead State 82