Charleston Southern @ High Point
Regular Season Records: Charleston Southern 9-20; High Point 14-16
What to Know
The High Point Panthers and the Charleston Southern Buccaneers are even-steven against one another since January of 2016 (7-7), but not for long. The Panthers and Charleston Southern are set to clash at 6 p.m. ET March 1 at Bojangles Coliseum in the first round of the Big South Conference Tourney. Charleston Southern will be strutting in after a win while High Point will be stumbling in from a loss.
High Point was within striking distance but couldn't close the gap this past Saturday as they fell 84-78 to the Winthrop Eagles.
Meanwhile, everything went Charleston Southern's way against the Presbyterian Blue Hose this past Saturday as they made off with an 85-59 victory.
Barring any buzzer beaters, High Point is expected to win a tight contest Wednesday. They are currently five-for-five against the spread in their most recent games, a trend bettors might want to take into account.
Two defensive stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: The Panthers are stumbling into the contest with the third most points allowed per game in college basketball, having given up 77.3 on average. The Buccaneers have experienced some struggles of their own as they have allowed their opponents to shoot 46.60% from the floor on average, which is the 20th highest shooting percentage allowed in college basketball. It's possible one of these Achilles' heels will wind up tripping the losing team up.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 6 p.m. ET
- Where: Bojangles Coliseum -- Charlotte, North Carolina
- TV: ESPN Plus
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Panthers are a slight 1-point favorite against the Buccaneers, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 1-point spread, and stayed right there.
See college basketball picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine's advanced computer model. Get picks now.
High Point and Charleston Southern both have seven wins in their last 14 games.
- Feb 04, 2023 - High Point 81 vs. Charleston Southern 73
- Jan 11, 2023 - Charleston Southern 106 vs. High Point 69
- Jan 19, 2022 - Charleston Southern 70 vs. High Point 66
- Feb 12, 2021 - Charleston Southern 69 vs. High Point 68
- Feb 11, 2021 - High Point 77 vs. Charleston Southern 73
- Feb 13, 2020 - Charleston Southern 66 vs. High Point 63
- Jan 18, 2020 - Charleston Southern 79 vs. High Point 60
- Jan 05, 2019 - High Point 51 vs. Charleston Southern 50
- Feb 01, 2018 - Charleston Southern 83 vs. High Point 74
- Jan 06, 2018 - High Point 80 vs. Charleston Southern 59
- Feb 18, 2017 - Charleston Southern 76 vs. High Point 75
- Jan 26, 2017 - High Point 72 vs. Charleston Southern 69
- Feb 13, 2016 - High Point 72 vs. Charleston Southern 50
- Jan 02, 2016 - High Point 78 vs. Charleston Southern 73