George Washington @ Rhode Island
Current Records: George Washington 13-14; Rhode Island 8-18
What to Know
The Rhode Island Rams haven't won a game against the George Washington Colonials since Feb. 8 of 2020, but they'll be looking to end the drought Wednesday. The Rams will stay at home another game and welcome George Washington at 7 p.m. ET Feb. 22 at Thomas M. Ryan Center. George Washington should still be riding high after a victory, while Rhode Island will be looking to right the ship.
Rhode Island suffered a grim 69-45 defeat to the Massachusetts Minutemen this past Saturday. Guard Jalen Carey had a pretty forgettable game, finishing with only eight points on 3-for-13 shooting in his 30 minutes on the court.
Meanwhile, George Washington narrowly escaped with a win as the squad sidled past the St. Bonaventure Bonnies 83-81. The Colonials' guard Brendan Adams looked sharp as he had 28 points along with seven boards.
Barring any buzzer beaters, the Rams are expected to win a tight contest. But bettors beware: they are only 3-7 against the spread when favored.
Rhode Island is now 8-18 while George Washington sits at 13-14. Two stats to keep an eye on: Rhode Island is stumbling into the contest with the 23rd fewest points per game in college basketball, having accrued only 65.6 on average. The Colonials have experienced some struggles of their own as they are 14th worst in college basketball in points allowed per game, with 76.3 on average. It's possible one of these Achilles' heels will wind up tripping the losing team up.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: Thomas M. Ryan Center -- Kingston, Rhode Island
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $5.25
The Rams are a 3-point favorite against the Colonials, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 3-point spread, and stayed right there.
See college basketball picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine's advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Rhode Island and George Washington both have four wins in their last eight games.
- Feb 19, 2022 - George Washington 72 vs. Rhode Island 61
- Jan 22, 2022 - George Washington 63 vs. Rhode Island 61
- Feb 21, 2021 - George Washington 78 vs. Rhode Island 70
- Feb 08, 2020 - Rhode Island 82 vs. George Washington 51
- Feb 26, 2019 - Rhode Island 80 vs. George Washington 53
- Jan 06, 2018 - Rhode Island 81 vs. George Washington 60
- Jan 31, 2017 - Rhode Island 82 vs. George Washington 70
- Jan 22, 2016 - George Washington 62 vs. Rhode Island 58