Texas-Arlington @ South Alabama
Current Records: Texas-Arlington 11-17; South Alabama 18-11
What to Know
The Texas-Arlington Mavericks are 6-2 against the South Alabama Jaguars since January of 2016, and they'll have a chance to extend that success on Friday. The Mavericks and South Alabama will face off in a Sun Belt battle at 8 p.m. ET at Mitchell Center. Neither of those teams managed to put together many points in their previous contests, so their meeting could be a low-scoring affair.
Texas-Arlington was within striking distance but couldn't close the gap on Wednesday as they fell 59-53 to the Troy Trojans.
Meanwhile, the Jaguars were close but no cigar on Wednesday as they fell 55-52 to the Texas State-San Marcos Bobcats.
Texas-Arlington is expected to lose this next one by 7.5. They have failed bettors playing the spread in their past two games, so buyers beware.
With the two teams each stumbling in off of a loss, both will be hungry for the victory. Check back to see which squad is able to work their way into the win column.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: Mitchell Center -- Mobile, Alabama
- TV: ESPN Plus
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Jaguars are a big 7.5-point favorite against the Mavericks, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Jaguars as an 8.5-point favorite.
Texas-Arlington have won six out of their last eight games against South Alabama.
- Dec 30, 2021 - Texas-Arlington 89 vs. South Alabama 87
- Jan 06, 2020 - South Alabama 66 vs. Texas-Arlington 54
- Feb 28, 2019 - Texas-Arlington 75 vs. South Alabama 57
- Jan 06, 2018 - Texas-Arlington 91 vs. South Alabama 67
- Feb 25, 2017 - Texas-Arlington 86 vs. South Alabama 75
- Jan 16, 2017 - Texas-Arlington 89 vs. South Alabama 83
- Mar 03, 2016 - Texas-Arlington 92 vs. South Alabama 79
- Jan 16, 2016 - South Alabama 88 vs. Texas-Arlington 85