Tennessee @ Vanderbilt
Current Records: Tennessee 19-4; Vanderbilt 11-12
What to Know
The #6 Tennessee Volunteers are 13-3 against the Vanderbilt Commodores since January of 2016, and they'll have a chance to extend that success Wednesday. The Volunteers and Vanderbilt will face off in an SEC battle at 7 p.m. ET at Memorial Gym. The two teams each escaped (but just barely!) with wins against their previous opponents.
Tennessee came out on top in a nail-biter against the Auburn Tigers this past Saturday, sneaking past 46-43. Tennessee's guard Josiah-Jordan James filled up the stat sheet, posting a double-double on 15 points and 14 rebounds.
Speaking of close games: things were close when Vanderbilt and the Ole Miss Rebels clashed this past Saturday, but Vanderbilt ultimately edged out the opposition 74-71. Vanderbilt's forward Liam Robbins was one of the most active players for the team, dropping a double-double on 19 points and 12 boards along with seven blocks.
The Volunteers are the favorite in this one, with an expected 9.5-point margin of victory. They have failed bettors playing the spread in their past two games, so buyers beware.
The wins brought Tennessee up to 19-4 and the Commodores to 11-12. A couple numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: Tennessee have been holding their opponents to a field goal percentage of 34.30%, which places them first in college basketball. Less enviably, Vanderbilt has only been able to knock down 41.70% percent of their shots, which is the 32nd lowest field goal percentage in college basketball. So the cards are definitely stacked against Vanderbilt.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: Memorial Gym -- Nashville, Tennessee
- TV: SEC Network
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $69.00
The Volunteers are a big 9.5-point favorite against the Commodores, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 9.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
See college basketball picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine's advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Tennessee have won 13 out of their last 16 games against Vanderbilt.
- Jan 10, 2023 - Tennessee 77 vs. Vanderbilt 68
- Feb 12, 2022 - Tennessee 73 vs. Vanderbilt 64
- Jan 18, 2022 - Tennessee 68 vs. Vanderbilt 60
- Feb 24, 2021 - Tennessee 70 vs. Vanderbilt 58
- Jan 16, 2021 - Tennessee 81 vs. Vanderbilt 61
- Feb 18, 2020 - Tennessee 65 vs. Vanderbilt 61
- Jan 18, 2020 - Tennessee 66 vs. Vanderbilt 45
- Feb 19, 2019 - Tennessee 58 vs. Vanderbilt 46
- Jan 23, 2019 - Tennessee 88 vs. Vanderbilt 83
- Jan 23, 2018 - Tennessee 67 vs. Vanderbilt 62
- Jan 09, 2018 - Tennessee 92 vs. Vanderbilt 84
- Feb 22, 2017 - Vanderbilt 67 vs. Tennessee 56
- Jan 14, 2017 - Tennessee 87 vs. Vanderbilt 75
- Mar 10, 2016 - Tennessee 67 vs. Vanderbilt 65
- Mar 01, 2016 - Vanderbilt 86 vs. Tennessee 69
- Jan 20, 2016 - Vanderbilt 88 vs. Tennessee 74