Louisville @ Pittsburgh
Current Records: Louisville 3-20; Pittsburgh 16-7
What to Know
The Louisville Cardinals have enjoyed the comforts of home their last two games, but now they must head out on the road. The Cardinals and the Pittsburgh Panthers will face off in an ACC battle at 7 p.m. ET Tuesday at Petersen Events Center. Pitt should still be riding high after a victory, while U of L will be looking to get back in the win column.
U of L was close but no cigar this past Saturday as they fell 81-78 to the Florida State Seminoles. One thing holding U of L back was the mediocre play of guard Mike James, who did not have his best game: he played for 26 minutes but put up just seven points on 2-for-10 shooting.
Speaking of close games: Pitt escaped with a win last Wednesday against the North Carolina Tar Heels by the margin of a single free throw, 65-64. The Panthers' guard Nelly Cummings filled up the stat sheet, shooting 5-for-6 from beyond the arc and finishing with 21 points. Cummings' performance made up for a slower game against the Miami (Fla.) Hurricanes two weeks ago.
The Cardinals have to know they'll be fighting an uphill battle given the 15.5-point spread they are up against. They are currently two-for-two against the spread in their most recent games, however, a trend bettors might want to take into account.
U of L is now 3-20 while Pitt sits at 16-7. The Panthers are 11-4 after wins this year, and U of L is 2-17 after losses.
How To Watch
- When: Tuesday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: Petersen Events Center -- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- TV: ACC Network
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $19.00
The Panthers are a big 15.5-point favorite against the Cardinals, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Panthers as a 16.5-point favorite.
See college basketball picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine's advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Louisville have won 11 out of their last 14 games against Pittsburgh.
- Jan 18, 2023 - Pittsburgh 75 vs. Louisville 54
- Jan 15, 2022 - Pittsburgh 65 vs. Louisville 53
- Jan 05, 2022 - Louisville 75 vs. Pittsburgh 72
- Dec 22, 2020 - Louisville 64 vs. Pittsburgh 54
- Jan 14, 2020 - Louisville 73 vs. Pittsburgh 68
- Dec 06, 2019 - Louisville 64 vs. Pittsburgh 46
- Jan 26, 2019 - Louisville 66 vs. Pittsburgh 51
- Jan 09, 2019 - Pittsburgh 89 vs. Louisville 86
- Feb 11, 2018 - Louisville 94 vs. Pittsburgh 60
- Jan 02, 2018 - Louisville 77 vs. Pittsburgh 51
- Jan 24, 2017 - Louisville 106 vs. Pittsburgh 51
- Jan 11, 2017 - Louisville 85 vs. Pittsburgh 80
- Feb 24, 2016 - Louisville 67 vs. Pittsburgh 60
- Jan 14, 2016 - Louisville 59 vs. Pittsburgh 41