Pepperdine @ Portland
Current Records: Pepperdine 7-21; Portland 15-12
What to Know
After a two-game homestand, the Pepperdine Waves will be on the road. Pepperdine and the Portland Pilots will face off in a West Coast battle at 8 p.m. ET this past Saturday at Earle A. Chiles Center. The Waves will be seeking to avenge the 82-63 loss they suffered the last time these two teams played January 15th.
Pepperdine was expected to have a tough go of it this past Wednesday, and that's exactly how things played out. They suffered a grim 86-66 defeat to the Gonzaga Bulldogs. Guard Houston Mallette (25 points) was the top scorer for Pepperdine.
Meanwhile, everything came up roses for Portland at home against the San Diego Toreros this past Thursday as the team secured a 92-60 win. The oddsmakers were on Portland's side, but they didn't give the squad enough credit as the margin was unexpectedly wide. They got double-digit scores from five players: guard Chris Austin (26), forward Moses Wood (19), forward Kristian Sjolund (19), guard Tyler Robertson (16), and forward Chika Nduka (10).
Portland's victory lifted them to 15-12 while Pepperdine's loss dropped them down to an irreparable 7-21. Chris Austin will be someone to keep an eye on after he had 26 points this past Thursday. Let's see if he can build on that strong performance or if Pepperdine's defense can bottle him up.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: Earle A. Chiles Center -- Portland, Oregon
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Pilots are a solid 7-point favorite against the Waves, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Pilots as an 8-point favorite.
Pepperdine have won eight out of their last 13 games against Portland.
- Jan 15, 2022 - Portland 82 vs. Pepperdine 63
- Feb 06, 2021 - Pepperdine 91 vs. Portland 70
- Jan 16, 2021 - Pepperdine 80 vs. Portland 65
- Feb 20, 2020 - Pepperdine 66 vs. Portland 59
- Jan 25, 2020 - Pepperdine 80 vs. Portland 69
- Feb 23, 2019 - Pepperdine 86 vs. Portland 80
- Jan 31, 2019 - Pepperdine 83 vs. Portland 58
- Feb 24, 2018 - Pepperdine 75 vs. Portland 64
- Feb 01, 2018 - Portland 85 vs. Pepperdine 76
- Jan 26, 2017 - Pepperdine 78 vs. Portland 60
- Dec 31, 2016 - Portland 73 vs. Pepperdine 60
- Feb 04, 2016 - Portland 73 vs. Pepperdine 70
- Dec 23, 2015 - Portland 87 vs. Pepperdine 79
Injury Report for Portland
- Jack Perry: Game-Time Decision (Undisclosed)
- Mike Meadows: Game-Time Decision (Undisclosed)
Injury Report for Pepperdine
- Jade' Smith: Game-Time Decision (Undisclosed)