DePaul @ Seton Hall
Regular Season Records: DePaul 9-22; Seton Hall 17-14
What to Know
The DePaul Blue Demons are 3-13 against the Seton Hall Pirates since January of 2016, but they'll have a chance to close the gap a little bit Wednesday. DePaul and Seton Hall are set to clash at 5:30 p.m. ET March 8 at Madison Square Garden in the first round of the Big East Conference Tourney. The Pirates should still be riding high after a big win, while the Blue Demons will be looking to right the ship.
The game between DePaul and the Creighton Bluejays this past Saturday was not a total blowout, but with DePaul falling 84-70 at home, it was darn close to turning into one. Guard Umoja Gibson wasn't much of a difference maker for DePaul; Gibson played for 36 minutes but put up just four points on 2-for-14 shooting.
Meanwhile, everything went Seton Hall's way against the Providence Friars this past Saturday as they made off with an 82-58 victory. Four players on Seton Hall scored in the double digits: guard Dre Davis (24), guard Femi Odukale (19), forward KC Ndefo (15), and guard Al-Amir Dawes (11).
DePaul is expected to lose this next one by 6. Now might not be the best time to take DePaul against the spread since they've let down bettors for the past two consecutive games.
DePaul's loss took them down to 9-22 while Seton Hall's win pulled them up to 17-14. Dre Davis will be someone to keep an eye on after he had 24 points this past Saturday. Let's see if he can build on that strong performance or if DePaul's defense can bottle him up.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 5:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Madison Square Garden -- New York, New York
- TV: Fox Sports 1
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $515.00
The Pirates are a solid 6-point favorite against the Blue Demons, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Pirates as a 5.5-point favorite.
See college basketball picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine's advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Seton Hall have won 13 out of their last 16 games against DePaul.
- Feb 05, 2023 - Seton Hall 69 vs. DePaul 64
- Jan 14, 2023 - Seton Hall 71 vs. DePaul 67
- Feb 19, 2022 - Seton Hall 66 vs. DePaul 64
- Jan 13, 2022 - DePaul 96 vs. Seton Hall 92
- Feb 17, 2021 - Seton Hall 60 vs. DePaul 52
- Jan 09, 2021 - Seton Hall 76 vs. DePaul 68
- Jan 29, 2020 - Seton Hall 64 vs. DePaul 57
- Dec 30, 2019 - Seton Hall 74 vs. DePaul 66
- Jan 19, 2019 - DePaul 97 vs. Seton Hall 93
- Jan 06, 2019 - DePaul 75 vs. Seton Hall 74
- Feb 18, 2018 - Seton Hall 82 vs. DePaul 77
- Jan 28, 2018 - Seton Hall 86 vs. DePaul 70
- Feb 25, 2017 - Seton Hall 82 vs. DePaul 79
- Jan 07, 2017 - Seton Hall 87 vs. DePaul 56
- Mar 05, 2016 - Seton Hall 80 vs. DePaul 66
- Jan 02, 2016 - Seton Hall 78 vs. DePaul 74