Nebraska Omaha @ South Dakota State
Regular Season Records: Nebraska Omaha 9-22; South Dakota State 18-12
What to Know
The South Dakota State Jackrabbits are 13-4 against the Nebraska Omaha Mavericks since January of 2016, and they'll have a chance to extend that success Saturday. The Jackrabbits and Nebraska Omaha are set to clash at 9:30 p.m. ET March 4 at Denny Sanford PREMIER Center in the second round of the Summit League Conference Tourney. Nebraska Omaha should still be riding high after a victory, while South Dakota State will be looking to right the ship.
South Dakota State was close but no cigar on Saturday as they fell 69-65 to the Oral Roberts Golden Eagles.
Meanwhile, Nebraska Omaha earned some postseason bragging rights after a successful outing on Friday. They captured a comfortable 73-61 win over the UMKC Roos. Four players on the Mavericks scored in the double digits: forward Frankie Fidler (21), center Dylan Brougham (15), forward Marquel Sutton (15), and guard Jaeden Marshall (13).
The Jackrabbits are the favorite in this one, with an expected 10-point margin of victory. They are currently four-for-four against the spread in their most recent games, a trend bettors might want to take into account.
South Dakota State's loss took them down to 18-12 while Nebraska Omaha's win pulled them up to 9-22. In their victory, Nebraska Omaha relied heavily on Frankie Fidler, who had 21 points. South Dakota State will need to find a way to minimize his impact if they want to win.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 9:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Denny Sanford PREMIER Center -- Sioux Falls, South Dakota
- TV: ESPN Plus
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Jackrabbits are a big 10-point favorite against the Mavericks, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 10-point spread, and stayed right there.
See college basketball picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine's advanced computer model. Get picks now.
South Dakota State have won 13 out of their last 17 games against Nebraska Omaha.
- Feb 18, 2023 - South Dakota State 91 vs. Nebraska Omaha 70
- Jan 19, 2023 - South Dakota State 84 vs. Nebraska Omaha 61
- Mar 05, 2022 - South Dakota State 87 vs. Nebraska Omaha 79
- Feb 12, 2022 - South Dakota State 82 vs. Nebraska Omaha 61
- Jan 13, 2022 - South Dakota State 95 vs. Nebraska Omaha 86
- Mar 06, 2021 - South Dakota State 84 vs. Nebraska Omaha 71
- Feb 08, 2020 - South Dakota State 81 vs. Nebraska Omaha 64
- Dec 29, 2019 - Nebraska Omaha 81 vs. South Dakota State 78
- Feb 14, 2019 - Nebraska Omaha 85 vs. South Dakota State 84
- Jan 26, 2019 - South Dakota State 83 vs. Nebraska Omaha 73
- Jan 30, 2018 - South Dakota State 80 vs. Nebraska Omaha 60
- Jan 06, 2018 - South Dakota State 101 vs. Nebraska Omaha 88
- Mar 07, 2017 - South Dakota State 79 vs. Nebraska Omaha 77
- Jan 28, 2017 - South Dakota State 88 vs. Nebraska Omaha 84
- Jan 07, 2017 - Nebraska Omaha 101 vs. South Dakota State 93
- Feb 10, 2016 - Nebraska Omaha 96 vs. South Dakota State 92
- Jan 28, 2016 - South Dakota State 87 vs. Nebraska Omaha 76