Texas A&M-Corpus Christi @ Southeastern Louisiana
Regular Season Records: Texas A&M-Corpus Christi 22-11; Southeastern Louisiana 19-13
What to Know
The Southeastern Louisiana Lions and the Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Islanders are set to clash at 9:30 p.m. ET March 12 at Leonard E. Merrell Center in the fourth round of the Southland Conference Tourney. The Lions earned an 83-74 win in their most recent contest against Texas A&M-Corpus Christi in February.
The New Orleans Privateers typically have all the answers at home, but this past Friday Southeastern Louisiana proved too difficult a challenge. Southeastern Louisiana was able to grind out a solid victory over New Orleans, winning 74-65. Forward Jalyn Hinton was the offensive standout of the game for Southeastern Louisiana, posting a double-double on 16 points and 13 rebounds in addition to seven blocks.
Meanwhile, the Nicholls State Colonels typically have all the answers at home, but this past Friday the Islanders proved too difficult a challenge. Texas A&M-Corpus Christi beat the Colonels 71-64. Texas A&M-Corpus Christi can attribute much of their success to guard Simeon Fryer, who shot 5-for-11 from beyond the arc and finished with 20 points, and forward Isaac Mushila, who dropped a double-double on 12 points and ten boards.
Barring any buzzer beaters, the Lions are expected to win a tight contest this past Saturday. They are currently four-for-four against the spread in their most recent games, a trend bettors might want to take into account.
Two stats to keep an eye on: Southeastern Louisiana has allowed their opponents an average of 7.6 steals per game, the 24th most in college basketball. To make matters even worse for Southeastern Louisiana, the Islanders enter the matchup with 8.6 steals per game on average, good for 24th best in college basketball. In other words, Southeastern Louisiana will need to work extra hard to take care of the ball.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 9:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Leonard E. Merrell Center -- Katy, Texas
- TV: ESPN2
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Lions are a slight 2.5-point favorite against the Islanders, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The line on this game has moved quite a bit since it opened, as it started out with the Islanders as a 1.5-point favorite.
Southeastern Louisiana have won six out of their last ten games against Texas A&M-Corpus Christi.
- Feb 17, 2022 - Southeastern Louisiana 83 vs. Texas A&M-Corpus Christi 74
- Jan 27, 2022 - Texas A&M-Corpus Christi 86 vs. Southeastern Louisiana 71
- Feb 22, 2021 - Southeastern Louisiana 78 vs. Texas A&M-Corpus Christi 75
- Jan 13, 2021 - Southeastern Louisiana 76 vs. Texas A&M-Corpus Christi 63
- Jan 15, 2020 - Southeastern Louisiana 62 vs. Texas A&M-Corpus Christi 56
- Jan 04, 2020 - Southeastern Louisiana 84 vs. Texas A&M-Corpus Christi 80
- Feb 06, 2019 - Southeastern Louisiana 64 vs. Texas A&M-Corpus Christi 58
- Jan 31, 2018 - Texas A&M-Corpus Christi 67 vs. Southeastern Louisiana 54
- Feb 08, 2017 - Texas A&M-Corpus Christi 80 vs. Southeastern Louisiana 75
- Jan 26, 2016 - Texas A&M-Corpus Christi 73 vs. Southeastern Louisiana 63