Iowa State @ Texas Tech
Current Records: Iowa State 15-5; Texas Tech 11-10
What to Know
The #12 Iowa State Cyclones and the Texas Tech Red Raiders are set to square off in a Big 12 matchup at 9 p.m. ET Jan. 30 at United Supermarkets Arena. Texas Tech will be strutting in after a victory while the Cyclones will be stumbling in from a defeat.
The matchup between Iowa State and the Missouri Tigers this past Saturday was not a total blowout, but with Iowa State falling 78-61 on the road, it was darn close to turning into one. Guard Gabe Kalscheur had a pretty forgettable game, finishing with 14 points on 5-for-13 shooting and turning the ball over six times in his 35 minutes on the court.
Meanwhile, after constant struggles on the road, Texas Tech has finally found some success away from home. They were able to grind out a solid win over the LSU Tigers this past Saturday, winning 76-68. Texas Tech's success was the result of a balanced attack that saw several players step up, but forward Kevin Obanor led the charge as he had 22 points.
Barring any buzzer beaters, the Cyclones are expected to win a tight contest Monday. Those sticking with them against the spread have guts, to put it politely, as the squad has let down bettors in their past three games.
Iowa State is now 15-5 while the Red Raiders sit at 11-10. Two numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: Iowa State comes into the game boasting the eighth most takeaways per game in college basketball at 18.3. Less enviably, Texas Tech is stumbling into the contest with the 50th most turnovers per game in college basketball, having accrued 14.1 on average.
How To Watch
- When: Monday at 9 p.m. ET
- Where: United Supermarkets Arena -- Lubbock, Texas
- TV: ESPN2
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $3.00
The Cyclones are a slight 1.5-point favorite against the Red Raiders, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Cyclones as a 1-point favorite.
See college basketball picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine's advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Texas Tech have won nine out of their last 16 games against Iowa State.
- Jan 10, 2023 - Iowa State 84 vs. Texas Tech 50
- Mar 10, 2022 - Texas Tech 72 vs. Iowa State 41
- Jan 18, 2022 - Texas Tech 72 vs. Iowa State 60
- Jan 05, 2022 - Iowa State 51 vs. Texas Tech 47
- Mar 04, 2021 - Texas Tech 81 vs. Iowa State 54
- Jan 09, 2021 - Texas Tech 91 vs. Iowa State 64
- Feb 22, 2020 - Texas Tech 87 vs. Iowa State 57
- Jan 18, 2020 - Texas Tech 72 vs. Iowa State 52
- Mar 09, 2019 - Texas Tech 80 vs. Iowa State 73
- Jan 16, 2019 - Iowa State 68 vs. Texas Tech 64
- Feb 07, 2018 - Texas Tech 76 vs. Iowa State 58
- Jan 20, 2018 - Iowa State 70 vs. Texas Tech 52
- Feb 20, 2017 - Iowa State 82 vs. Texas Tech 80
- Dec 30, 2016 - Iowa State 63 vs. Texas Tech 56
- Feb 10, 2016 - Texas Tech 85 vs. Iowa State 82
- Jan 06, 2016 - Iowa State 76 vs. Texas Tech 69