Chicago State @ Utah Valley
Regular Season Records: Chicago State 7-24; Utah Valley 19-11
What to Know
The Chicago State Cougars have been on the wrong side of a one-way rivalry with the Utah Valley Wolverines and are hoping to record their first win since Jan. 12 of 2017. Chicago State and Utah Valley are set to clash at 11:30 p.m. ET March 8 at Orleans Arena in the first round of the Western Athletic Conference Tourney. Both teams took a loss in their last game, so they'll have plenty of motivation to get the 'W.'
The Cougars came up short against the Seattle Redhawks this past Saturday, falling 74-66.
Meanwhile, the matchup between the Wolverines and the New Mexico St. Aggies this past Saturday was not a total blowout, but with Utah Valley falling 62-46 on the road, it was darn close to turning into one.
Chicago State is the clear underdog, so they're hoping it's the size of the fight that determines this one. They might be worth taking a chance on against the spread, however, as they are currently on a three-game streak of ATS wins.
A couple stats to keep an eye on: Chicago State has only been able to knock down 39.40% percent of their shots, which is the 350th lowest field goal percentage in college basketball. The Wolverines' defense has more to brag about, as they they have been holding their opponents to a field goal percentage of 39.40%, which places them 21st in college basketball. So the cards are definitely stacked in their favor.
How To Watch
- When: Tuesday at 11:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Orleans Arena -- Paradise, Nevada
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Wolverines are a big 12.5-point favorite against the Cougars, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Wolverines as a 13.5-point favorite.
Utah Valley have won nine out of their last ten games against Chicago State.
- Jan 27, 2022 - Utah Valley 101 vs. Chicago State 87
- Jan 02, 2020 - Utah Valley 94 vs. Chicago State 73
- Feb 21, 2019 - Utah Valley 103 vs. Chicago State 71
- Jan 26, 2019 - Utah Valley 74 vs. Chicago State 60
- Feb 08, 2018 - Utah Valley 97 vs. Chicago State 57
- Jan 13, 2018 - Utah Valley 83 vs. Chicago State 58
- Feb 11, 2017 - Utah Valley 87 vs. Chicago State 54
- Jan 12, 2017 - Chicago State 70 vs. Utah Valley 61
- Feb 18, 2016 - Utah Valley 74 vs. Chicago State 72
- Jan 23, 2016 - Utah Valley 82 vs. Chicago State 76
Injury Report for Utah Valley
- Trey Woodbury: Game-Time Decision (Knee)