Evansville @ Valparaiso
Current Records: Evansville 6-20; Valparaiso 12-15
What to Know
A Missouri Valley battle is on tap between the Valparaiso Beacons and the Evansville Aces at 8 p.m. ET on Monday at Athletics-Recreation Center. Valpo will be strutting in after a victory while Evansville will be stumbling in from a defeat.
The Aces are out to make up for these teams' matchup this past Saturday. Valpo enjoyed a cozy 72-56 win over Evansville. Valpo got double-digit scores from four players: guard Kobe King (21), guard Kevion Taylor (16), forward Ben Krikke (12), and guard Sheldon Edwards (11). Kobe King's performance made up for a slower contest against the Loyola Chicago Ramblers last week.
The Beacons are the favorite in this one, with an expected 8.5-point margin of victory. They are currently two-for-two against the spread in their most recent games, a trend bettors might want to take into account.
Evansville's loss took them down to 6-20 while Valparaiso's win pulled them up to 12-15. We'll see if the Aces can steal Valpo's luck or if Valpo records another victory instead.
How To Watch
- When: Monday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: Athletics-Recreation Center -- Valparaiso, Indiana
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Beacons are a big 8.5-point favorite against the Aces, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Beacons as a 9.5-point favorite.
Evansville have won six out of their last ten games against Valparaiso.
- Feb 19, 2022 - Valparaiso 72 vs. Evansville 56
- Feb 01, 2021 - Evansville 58 vs. Valparaiso 51
- Jan 31, 2021 - Evansville 70 vs. Valparaiso 52
- Mar 05, 2020 - Valparaiso 58 vs. Evansville 55
- Jan 26, 2020 - Valparaiso 67 vs. Evansville 65
- Jan 04, 2020 - Valparaiso 81 vs. Evansville 79
- Mar 02, 2019 - Evansville 65 vs. Valparaiso 63
- Feb 02, 2019 - Evansville 64 vs. Valparaiso 53
- Feb 07, 2018 - Evansville 63 vs. Valparaiso 59
- Jan 24, 2018 - Evansville 75 vs. Valparaiso 65
Injury Report for Valparaiso
- Thomas Kithier: Game-Time Decision (Undisclosed)
- Preston Ruedinger: Game-Time Decision (Leg)
- Keyondre Young: Game-Time Decision (Hand)
- Trevor Anderson: Out for the Season (Back)
Injury Report for Evansville
- Jawaun Newton: Out (Undisclosed)