Mount St. Mary's @ Bryant
Regular Season Records: Mount St. Mary's 14-15; Bryant 20-9
What to Know
The Mount St. Mary's Mountaineers and the Bryant Bulldogs are set to clash at 6 p.m. ET March 5 at Chace Athletic Center in the third round of the Northeast Conference Tourney. Mount St. Mary's will be seeking to avenge the 62-61 loss they suffered the last time these two teams played February 5th.
The Mountaineers made easy work of the St. Francis (N.Y.) Terriers on Wednesday and carried off a 78-48 win. Mount St. Mary's relied on the efforts of forward Mezie Offurum, who had 15 points along with seven rebounds, and forward Nana Opoku, who had 15 points in addition to five boards.
Meanwhile, Bryant earned some postseason bragging rights after a successful outing on Wednesday. They captured a comfortable 73-59 victory over the Central Connecticut State Blue Devils. Bryant's guard Charles Pride was one of the most active players for the team, picking up 24 points in addition to eight boards.
Mount St. Mary's is expected to lose this next one by 6.5. They are currently two-for-two against the spread in their most recent games, however, a trend bettors might want to take into account.
A couple offensive stats to keep an eye on: Mount St. Mary's is stumbling into the matchup with the 47th fewest points per game in college basketball, having accrued only 66 on average. The Bulldogs' offense has more to brag about, as they they come into the game boasting the 29th most points per game in college basketball at 78.4. So the cards are definitely stacked in their favor.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 6 p.m. ET
- Where: Chace Athletic Center -- Smithfield, Rhode Island
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Bulldogs are a solid 6.5-point favorite against the Mountaineers, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 6.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Bryant have won seven out of their last 13 games against Mount St. Mary's.
- Feb 05, 2022 - Bryant 62 vs. Mount St. Mary's 61
- Jan 15, 2022 - Bryant 73 vs. Mount St. Mary's 66
- Mar 09, 2021 - Mount St. Mary's 73 vs. Bryant 68
- Jan 25, 2020 - Mount St. Mary's 79 vs. Bryant 76
- Jan 11, 2020 - Mount St. Mary's 67 vs. Bryant 65
- Feb 23, 2019 - Bryant 81 vs. Mount St. Mary's 58
- Jan 10, 2019 - Bryant 66 vs. Mount St. Mary's 59
- Feb 10, 2018 - Bryant 79 vs. Mount St. Mary's 77
- Jan 04, 2018 - Mount St. Mary's 96 vs. Bryant 80
- Feb 02, 2017 - Mount St. Mary's 77 vs. Bryant 70
- Jan 05, 2017 - Bryant 72 vs. Mount St. Mary's 71
- Feb 20, 2016 - Mount St. Mary's 71 vs. Bryant 53
- Jan 09, 2016 - Bryant 82 vs. Mount St. Mary's 79