UAB @ Texas-El Paso
Current Records: UAB 18-8; Texas-El Paso 12-13
What to Know
The Texas-El Paso Miners are home Thursday, but with the point spread against them by 5.5 points, it might not be quite the welcoming they would prefer. Texas-El Paso and the UAB Blazers will face off in a Conference USA battle at 9 p.m. ET at Don Haskins Center. The Miners have been on the wrong side of a one-way rivalry with UAB and are hoping to record their first win since Feb. 2 of 2017.
Texas-El Paso strolled past the Texas-San Antonio Roadrunners with points to spare on Saturday, taking the contest 77-66.
Meanwhile, the Middle Tenn. Blue Raiders typically have all the answers at home, but on Saturday UAB proved too difficult a challenge. UAB blew past the Blue Raiders 92-69.
Their wins bumped Texas-El Paso to 12-13 and the Blazers to 18-8. We'll see which team can carry over their success and which team inevitably falls when the Miners and UAB clash.
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 9 p.m. ET
- Where: Don Haskins Center -- El Paso, Texas
- TV: ESPN Plus
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $17.00
The Blazers are a solid 5.5-point favorite against the Miners, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 5.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
See college basketball picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine's advanced computer model. Get picks now.
UAB have won nine out of their last ten games against Texas-El Paso.
- Dec 29, 2022 - UAB 79 vs. Texas-El Paso 73
- Feb 26, 2022 - UAB 69 vs. Texas-El Paso 66
- Dec 30, 2021 - UAB 75 vs. Texas-El Paso 62
- Feb 06, 2021 - UAB 75 vs. Texas-El Paso 60
- Feb 05, 2021 - UAB 63 vs. Texas-El Paso 51
- Feb 01, 2020 - UAB 69 vs. Texas-El Paso 55
- Jan 17, 2019 - UAB 76 vs. Texas-El Paso 63
- Jan 25, 2018 - UAB 85 vs. Texas-El Paso 78
- Feb 02, 2017 - Texas-El Paso 63 vs. UAB 59
- Jan 09, 2016 - UAB 87 vs. Texas-El Paso 80