Miami (Ohio) @ Toledo
Regular Season Records: Miami (Ohio) 12-19; Toledo 25-6
What to Know
The Toledo Rockets are 14-0 against the Miami (Ohio) RedHawks since January of 2016, and they'll have a chance to extend that success Thursday. Toledo and Miami (Ohio) are set to clash at 11 a.m. ET March 9 at Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse in the first round of the Mid-American Conference Tourney. The Rockets should still be feeling good after a win, while Miami (Ohio) will be looking to regain their footing.
The Ball State Cardinals typically have all the answers at home, but last Friday Toledo proved too difficult a challenge. Toledo secured an 87-81 W over the Cardinals. It was another big night for Toledo's guard RayJ Dennis, who had 32 points and seven assists.
Meanwhile, the RedHawks were within striking distance but couldn't close the gap last week as they fell 68-63 to the Buffalo Bulls. A silver lining for Miami (Ohio) was the play of guard Morgan Safford, who had 14 points along with five rebounds.
Toledo is the favorite in this one, with an expected 13.5-point margin of victory. They are currently four-for-four against the spread in their most recent games, a trend bettors might want to take into account.
Two numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: The Rockets enter the contest with a 49.60% field goal percentage, good for fourth best in college basketball. Less enviably, the RedHawks have allowed their opponents to shoot 45.80% from the floor on average, which is the 46th highest shooting percentage allowed in college basketball. So the cards are definitely stacked against Miami (Ohio).
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 11 a.m. ET
- Where: Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse -- Cleveland, Ohio
- TV: ESPN Plus
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Rockets are a big 13.5-point favorite against the RedHawks, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 13.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
See college basketball picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine's advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Toledo have won all of the games they've played against Miami (Ohio) in the last nine years.
- Feb 14, 2023 - Toledo 89 vs. Miami (Ohio) 71
- Jan 31, 2023 - Toledo 81 vs. Miami (Ohio) 78
- Feb 26, 2022 - Toledo 88 vs. Miami (Ohio) 73
- Jan 11, 2022 - Toledo 75 vs. Miami (Ohio) 72
- Feb 16, 2021 - Toledo 87 vs. Miami (Ohio) 75
- Jan 26, 2021 - Toledo 90 vs. Miami (Ohio) 81
- Feb 11, 2020 - Toledo 65 vs. Miami (Ohio) 57
- Jan 29, 2019 - Toledo 66 vs. Miami (Ohio) 63
- Jan 15, 2019 - Toledo 71 vs. Miami (Ohio) 59
- Mar 08, 2018 - Toledo 71 vs. Miami (Ohio) 69
- Feb 09, 2018 - Toledo 73 vs. Miami (Ohio) 67
- Jan 07, 2017 - Toledo 91 vs. Miami (Ohio) 76
- Feb 13, 2016 - Toledo 93 vs. Miami (Ohio) 49
- Jan 09, 2016 - Toledo 84 vs. Miami (Ohio) 76