North Carolina @ Wake Forest
Current Records: North Carolina 15-8; Wake Forest 15-9
What to Know
The North Carolina Tar Heels are 7-2 against the Wake Forest Demon Deacons since January of 2016, and they'll have a chance to extend that success Tuesday. UNC is on the road again Tuesday and plays against Wake Forest at 7 p.m. ET Feb. 7 at Lawrence Joel Veterans Memorial Coliseum. The Demon Deacons should still be feeling good after a victory, while UNC will be looking to get back in the win column.
UNC was within striking distance but couldn't close the gap this past Saturday as they fell 63-57 to the Duke Blue Devils. Forward Pete Nance had a memorable game, but not in the way you want to be remembered: he finished with only two points on 1-for-10 shooting in his 30 minutes on the court.
Meanwhile, Wake Forest strolled past the Notre Dame Fighting Irish with points to spare this past Saturday, taking the contest 81-64. Wake Forest's guard Damari Monsanto was one of the most active players for the team, shooting 8-for-13 from downtown and finishing with 28 points and seven boards.
Barring any buzzer beaters, the Tar Heels are expected to win a tight contest. Now might not be the best time to take UNC against the spread since they've let down bettors for the past three consecutive games.
North Carolina's defeat took them down to 15-8 while Wake Forest's win pulled them up to 15-9. If the Demon Deacons want to win, they will need to focus on stopping UNC's forward Leaky Black, who posted a double-double on 13 points and ten rebounds, and forward Armando Bacot, who dropped a double-double on 14 points and ten boards. We'll see whether or not they are up to the challenge.
How To Watch
- When: Tuesday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: Lawrence Joel Veterans Memorial Coliseum -- Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- TV: ESPN
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $50.00
The Tar Heels are a slight 1-point favorite against the Demon Deacons, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 1-point spread, and stayed right there.
See college basketball picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine's advanced computer model. Get picks now.
North Carolina have won seven out of their last nine games against Wake Forest.
- Jan 04, 2023 - North Carolina 88 vs. Wake Forest 79
- Jan 22, 2022 - Wake Forest 98 vs. North Carolina 76
- Jan 20, 2021 - North Carolina 80 vs. Wake Forest 73
- Mar 03, 2020 - North Carolina 93 vs. Wake Forest 83
- Feb 11, 2020 - Wake Forest 74 vs. North Carolina 57
- Feb 16, 2019 - North Carolina 95 vs. Wake Forest 57
- Dec 30, 2017 - North Carolina 73 vs. Wake Forest 69
- Jan 11, 2017 - North Carolina 93 vs. Wake Forest 87
- Jan 20, 2016 - North Carolina 83 vs. Wake Forest 68