VMI @ Wofford
Regular Season Records: VMI 16-14; Wofford 18-12
What to Know
The VMI Keydets are 2-13 against the Wofford Terriers since January of 2016, but they'll have a chance to close the gap a little bit Saturday. VMI and Wofford are set to clash at 2:30 p.m. ET March 5 at Harrah's Cherokee Center in the second round of the Southern Conference Tourney. The Terriers will be strutting in after a victory while VMI will be stumbling in from a defeat.
VMI came up short against the Western Carolina Catamounts on Saturday, falling 82-73.
Meanwhile, Wofford beat the Mercer Bears 74-67 on Saturday.
The Keydets are expected to lose this next one by 5.5. However, those who like betting on the underdog should be happy to hear that they are 7-2 against the spread when expected to lose.
VMI's loss took them down to 16-14 while Wofford's win pulled them up to 18-12. We'll see if VMI can steal the Terriers' luck or if Wofford records another victory instead.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 2:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Harrah's Cherokee Center -- Asheville, North Carolina
- TV: ESPN Plus
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Terriers are a solid 5.5-point favorite against the Keydets, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 5.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Wofford have won 13 out of their last 15 games against VMI.
- Feb 23, 2022 - Wofford 83 vs. VMI 72
- Dec 29, 2021 - VMI 80 vs. Wofford 73
- Feb 03, 2021 - VMI 84 vs. Wofford 80
- Jan 13, 2021 - Wofford 80 vs. VMI 78
- Feb 05, 2020 - Wofford 79 vs. VMI 73
- Jan 22, 2020 - Wofford 66 vs. VMI 54
- Mar 09, 2019 - Wofford 99 vs. VMI 72
- Feb 14, 2019 - Wofford 95 vs. VMI 84
- Jan 12, 2019 - Wofford 90 vs. VMI 76
- Jan 24, 2018 - Wofford 63 vs. VMI 46
- Jan 04, 2018 - Wofford 92 vs. VMI 53
- Feb 22, 2017 - Wofford 81 vs. VMI 63
- Jan 19, 2017 - Wofford 88 vs. VMI 70
- Feb 08, 2016 - Wofford 92 vs. VMI 60
- Jan 05, 2016 - Wofford 65 vs. VMI 61
Injury Report for Wofford
- Messiah Jones: Out for the Season (Achilles)