Tulsa @ Wichita State
Regular Season Records: Tulsa 5-23; Wichita State 16-14
What to Know
The Wichita State Shockers are 12-3 against the Tulsa Golden Hurricane since November of 2015, and they'll have a chance to extend that success Thursday. Wichita State and Tulsa are set to clash at 7 p.m. ET March 9 at Dickies Arena in the first round of the American Athletic Conference Tournament. The Shockers should still be riding high after a big win, while the Golden Hurricane will be looking to get back in the win column.
Wichita State took their matchup against the South Florida Bulls on Sunday by a conclusive 69-49 score. Wichita State's guard Craig Porter Jr. did his thing and had 24 points and five assists along with five blocks and five boards.
Meanwhile, Tulsa ended up a good deal behind South Florida when they played last Wednesday, losing 72-56. Guard Brandon Betson had a pretty forgettable game, playing for 32 minutes with.
The Shockers are the favorite in this one, with an expected 16-point margin of victory. They might be worth taking a chance on against the spread as they are currently on a three-game streak of ATS wins.
A couple defensive stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: Wichita State have been holding their opponents to a field goal percentage of 40.40%, which places them 22nd in college basketball. Less enviably, the Golden Hurricane are stumbling into the contest with the third most points allowed per game in college basketball, having given up 77.3 on average. So the cards are definitely stacked against Tulsa.
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: Dickies Arena -- Fort Worth, Texas
- TV: ESPN University
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $29.00
The Shockers are a big 16-point favorite against the Golden Hurricane, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Shockers as a 15.5-point favorite.
See college basketball picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine's advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Wichita State have won 12 out of their last 15 games against Tulsa.
- Feb 05, 2023 - Wichita State 86 vs. Tulsa 75
- Jan 14, 2023 - Wichita State 73 vs. Tulsa 69
- Mar 10, 2022 - Tulsa 73 vs. Wichita State 67
- Mar 02, 2022 - Wichita State 72 vs. Tulsa 62
- Feb 01, 2022 - Wichita State 58 vs. Tulsa 48
- Jan 13, 2021 - Wichita State 72 vs. Tulsa 53
- Dec 15, 2020 - Wichita State 69 vs. Tulsa 65
- Mar 08, 2020 - Wichita State 79 vs. Tulsa 57
- Feb 01, 2020 - Tulsa 54 vs. Wichita State 51
- Feb 20, 2019 - Wichita State 81 vs. Tulsa 60
- Feb 02, 2019 - Wichita State 79 vs. Tulsa 68
- Jan 28, 2018 - Wichita State 90 vs. Tulsa 71
- Jan 13, 2018 - Wichita State 72 vs. Tulsa 69
- Nov 16, 2016 - Wichita State 80 vs. Tulsa 53
- Nov 17, 2015 - Tulsa 77 vs. Wichita State 67