Through 0 Quarter
The experts predicted a victory for the Golden State Warriors, but it's no sure thing at this point. They currently hold a 2 to nothing lead over the San Antonio Spurs.
The Dubs haven't had any offensive standouts so far with all players held to two points or fewer. San Antonio is in a similar position to the Warriors as their squad has been held to no more than zero points.
this is the first time San Antonio has ever been down going into the first quarter
San Antonio @ Golden State
Current Records: San Antonio 19-57; Golden State 40-37
What to Know
The San Antonio Spurs haven't won a matchup against the Golden State Warriors since March 20 of last year, but they'll be looking to end the drought Friday. They will face off against one another at 10 p.m. ET at Chase Center. Allowing an average of 122.61 points per game, the Spurs have been asleep on the defensive side of the ball and will need to wake up before the game.
The contest between San Antonio and the Utah Jazz on Wednesday was not particularly close, with San Antonio falling 128-117. Shooting guard Malaki Branham (21 points) was the top scorer for San Antonio.
Meanwhile, Golden State didn't have too much trouble with the New Orleans Pelicans at home on Tuesday as they won 120-109. The win came about thanks to a strong surge after the half to overcome a 63-46 deficit. It was another big night for the Dubs' point guard Stephen Curry, who shot 8-for-15 from beyond the arc and finished with 39 points, eight assists and eight boards.
San Antonio is the clear underdog, so they're hoping it's the size of the fight that determines this one. Those sticking with them against the spread have guts, to put it politely, as the team has let down bettors in their past five games.
Golden State's victory lifted them to 40-37 while San Antonio's defeat dropped them down to an irreparable 19-57. We'll see if the Dubs can repeat their recent success or if the Spurs bounce back and reverse their fortune.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 10 p.m. ET
- Where: Chase Center -- San Francisco, California
- TV: KENS-TV 5
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $165.00
The Warriors are a big 16-point favorite against the Spurs, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Warriors as a 15.5-point favorite.
Golden State have won 22 out of their last 34 games against San Antonio.
- Jan 13, 2023 - Golden State 144 vs. San Antonio 113
- Nov 14, 2022 - Golden State 132 vs. San Antonio 95
- Apr 09, 2022 - Golden State 100 vs. San Antonio 94
- Mar 20, 2022 - San Antonio 110 vs. Golden State 108
- Feb 01, 2022 - Golden State 124 vs. San Antonio 120
- Dec 04, 2021 - San Antonio 112 vs. Golden State 107
- Feb 09, 2021 - Golden State 114 vs. San Antonio 91
- Feb 08, 2021 - San Antonio 105 vs. Golden State 100
- Jan 20, 2021 - Golden State 121 vs. San Antonio 99
- Dec 31, 2019 - San Antonio 117 vs. Golden State 113
- Nov 01, 2019 - San Antonio 127 vs. Golden State 110
- Mar 18, 2019 - San Antonio 111 vs. Golden State 105
- Feb 06, 2019 - Golden State 141 vs. San Antonio 102
- Nov 18, 2018 - San Antonio 104 vs. Golden State 92
- Apr 24, 2018 - Golden State 99 vs. San Antonio 91
- Apr 22, 2018 - San Antonio 103 vs. Golden State 90
- Apr 19, 2018 - Golden State 110 vs. San Antonio 97
- Apr 16, 2018 - Golden State 116 vs. San Antonio 101
- Apr 14, 2018 - Golden State 113 vs. San Antonio 92
- Mar 19, 2018 - San Antonio 89 vs. Golden State 75
- Mar 08, 2018 - Golden State 110 vs. San Antonio 107
- Feb 10, 2018 - Golden State 122 vs. San Antonio 105
- Nov 02, 2017 - Golden State 112 vs. San Antonio 92
- May 22, 2017 - Golden State 129 vs. San Antonio 115
- May 20, 2017 - Golden State 120 vs. San Antonio 108
- May 16, 2017 - Golden State 136 vs. San Antonio 100
- May 14, 2017 - Golden State 113 vs. San Antonio 111
- Mar 29, 2017 - Golden State 110 vs. San Antonio 98
- Mar 11, 2017 - San Antonio 107 vs. Golden State 85
- Oct 25, 2016 - San Antonio 129 vs. Golden State 100
- Apr 10, 2016 - Golden State 92 vs. San Antonio 86
- Apr 07, 2016 - Golden State 112 vs. San Antonio 101
- Mar 19, 2016 - San Antonio 87 vs. Golden State 79
- Jan 25, 2016 - Golden State 120 vs. San Antonio 90